You’d like your dog to walk nicely by your side around the block, to come running when you call her. You’d like him to settle by your side or at your feet while you enjoy your favourite TV show. AND you’d love your dog to greet people politely at your front door or while out on a walk.
You want a well-mannered family dog, and that’s what our class is all about! We’ll cover the basics – walking nicely on lead, coming when called, no jumping on people, settling on your mat, greeting fellow dogs politely, sit/drop/stay, and leaving things that don’t belong to you and—most importantly—how to focus on you in distracting situations all this from the comfort of your living room!
Key concepts covered include:
- How dogs Learn
- Dominance Myth
- Clicker/Marker Training Skills
- Canine Body Language
Behaviours Covered Include:
- Attention (eye contact)
- Touch (touch hand with nose)
- Down (lay down)
- Recall (come when called)
- Leave it (leave items that don’t below to them
- Wait (for dinner, at open doors, gates etc)
- Polite Leash Walking
- Go To Mat (relax/settle in a specific place)
- Stay (hold position until released
- Drop (give up items I have in my mouth)
Our innovative and fun canine life skills course is built around real life skills, that you will find invaluable in everyday interactions with your dog. This self study course is suitable for all dogs over 4mths of age. If you have a puppy under 4 months please see our Puppy course.